Header Ads

ad

Lumberjack Trey Gowdy Chops Down Lev Parnas’s Credibility




When it comes to words as fists, 2011-2019 South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy knows how to pack a punch.

And this week, he appeared on Fox News to talk about that Who’s Who of impending governmental sure things: the impeachment trial in the Senate.

[I don’t want to spoil the ending for anyone, but the Republican majority is gonna side with the President.]

During the segment, hosts Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith offered up a clip — MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow interviewing Lev Parnas.

Who’s Lev? Here are a few excerpts from The Guardian:
A close associate of Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, Parnas on Wednesday added to evidence that Trump personally directed an effort to pressure Ukraine to investigate one of his political rivals.
“President Trump knew exactly what was going on,” he said in a televised interview with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow on Wednesday. “He was aware of all my movements … I wouldn’t do anything without the consent of Rudy Giuliani or the president.”
Parnas told the New Yorker: “Because of my Ukrainian background and my contacts there, I became like Rudy’s assistant, his investigator. I don’t do anything on my own. I don’t lobby people. I go get information. I set up a meeting. I make sure that the call went right. I make sure the translation is done right.”
Documents released this week suggest that Parnas was also involved in monitoring the movements of Marie Yovanovitch, who was ambassador to Ukraine until Trump abruptly recalled her last May. Ukraine said on Thursday it has launched an investigation into alleged illegal surveillance of Yovanovitch.