Header Ads

ad

Iran Threatens War 'Beyond the Region' if the US Resumes Attacks


The Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) issued a direct threat to the United States and its allies if Washington decides to resume airstrikes against the regime.

The New York Times reported that the IRGC said on Wednesday that if the United States restarts airstrikes, the war could spill beyond the Middle East. This comes as talks between Washington and Tehran have failed to produce a long-term peace agreement.

The IRGC released a statement on Wednesday saying that the “American-Zionist enemy” failed to learn from a series of repeated airstrikes that failed to topple the regime. “If aggression against IRan is repeated, the regional war that was promised will this time extend beyond the region, and our crushing blows will bring you to your knees in places you cannot imagine,” the statement read.

The IRGC also declared they are “men of war” and that the U.S. “will see our power on the battlefield, not in hollow statements and on virtual pages.”

earlier this week said he called off a planned attack that was set to take place on Tuesday, before the IRGC’s warning. This came after leaders in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates urged him to allow more time for continued negotiations.