Header Ads

ad

NCIS LA: The main questions there is about Hetty's mission in Syria

 


I haven't really cared about this show this season after the complete insult of the premiere. Yeah, I keep track of the episodes via live tweets, and they're as cringe worthy, useless, and boring as I expected. Yet, there's 1 single thing that's keeping me from completely bailing, and that's Hetty still not being completely being gone for good.

TV Insider published an interesting article yesterday asking the main questions there is about Hetty's mission in Syria. (yeah, as you'd expect, there's been no real updates, because the writers couldn't give a damn about this while still wasting precious air time on 1 couple's adoption woes.) I'll post the questions, along with my own views. Enjoy:

Question 1:

Will Zasha Be the One to Alert the Team?


TV Insider: At the end of the premiere, Callen enlisted Zasha (Olesya Rulin) to spy on Hetty in Syria. That all but confirmed that something is going to go wrong that will require some assistance. Will Zasha report back after seeing something? Or might she end up in trouble herself over there and that brings at least Callen to Syria?

My view: Zasha is the name of the Russian lady that Callen sent after Hetty at the end of the premiere. As for if I think that either of these scenarios will happen, it's too early to tell.

Question 2: 

When Will the Team Become Involved?


TV Insider: It is a question of when, not if. Callen had given Zasha a passport that expired in eight months, so he’d said it shouldn’t take more than a few weeks at the time. (That time has passed.) How long will it take before this storyline comes to the forefront? Might it be at least part of a cliffhanger that leads into a break at the end of January due to the Winter Olympics over on NBC?

My view: I didn't buy the whole 'this'll only last a few weeks' junk for a minute. So it's no surprise to me that this has lasted for as long as it has. As for if I have any idea as to when the team will get involved, it's zero. Given how screwed up CBS has the schedule right now, there probably won't be any update until March! (also, the 'cliffhanger into the Winter Olympics break' thing, happened back in Season 9).

Question 3:

Will Kilbride Authorize Their Operation, or Will They Go Rogue?


TV Insider: He may have told Hetty that she’d be disavowed, but would Kilbride really leave her to fend for herself? Would the team have to go rogue if she ends up needing their help? As we’ve seen in the past, they’re more than willing to ignore orders if a case is personal. Will they be leaving their badges on Kilbride’s desk this time?

My view: I don't trust him at all. My gut and what I've heard about in the last few episodes has me very convinced that he definitely would leave Hetty to die out there! So I definitely think that if she needs help, they definitely would go rogue.

Question 4:

Will Anyone From Hetty’s Past Pop Up?


TV Insider: Last time Hetty ended up needing help overseas, her team from the Vietnam War — Sterling Bridges (James Remar), A.J. Chegwidden (John M. Jackson), and Charles Langston (Carl Lumbly) — joined Callen, Sam (LL Cool J), Kensi (Daniela Ruah), and Deeks (Eric Christian Olsen). Given Kilbride’s “white whale” comment, something tells us we’ll see at least one person from her past. It might just be a question of whether they’ve appeared on the CBS drama already or not.

My view: That's an interesting idea.

Question 5:

Might Hetty Not End up Needing Their Help at All?


TV Insider: Sure, all signs point to the team getting involved at some point, just going by the show’s history and how these storylines work on TV shows in general. But Hetty has experience. She can take care of herself. Maybe the team will stumble upon something in L.A. that connects to Hetty’s mission and head overseas because of that.

My view: I really hope Hetty actually helps herself out of this, after all, she CAN take care of herself! (plus, she made it home at the end of Season 12 by herself.). But I really wouldn't be surprised if this ends with a rogue rescue mission. (given the writers clearly seem to have run out of original ideas.)

If anyone's interested, here's the link to the article itself: https://www.tvinsider.com/1022816/ncis-los-angeles-season-13-hetty-secret-mission-what-we-know/