Header Ads

ad

Trump really is napalm – but in a good way

In a four-minute statement, President Trump took a flame-thrower to the garbage stimulus bill and left Congress nowhere to hide.

Two years ago, I wrote that sunlight may be the best disinfectant, but Donald Trump is napalm. And with his brief statement on the garbage stimulus bill Congress passed, President Trump got out the flame-thrower and went full napalm on these assholes.

On Monday, my brother and I were texting back and forth discussing this 5000+ page pile of crap. At the time I sent that text, I had my doubts that President Trump would do it. I figured he’d just sign it right away despite all the crap they put in it. Then I sent him this message:

“Imagine if he addressed the nation and read item-by-item all the garbage they snuck into the bill, then vetoed it on camera. It would be kick-ass powerful.”

My brother agreed that it would be great if the President dragged all the dirty nuggets into the clear light of day. To which I responded:

“It would be brilliant. To expose just how venal and callous Congress is? Americans would be furious that they’re being held hostage so these assholes can sneak in their pet projects.”

Imagine my surprise when yesterday President Trump did almost exactly what I imagined.

That 4-minute video of President Napalm exposing all the useless pork Congress stuck into that bill while leaving us with a paltry $600 was a brilliant move – and not just because I suggested it.

When I texted my brother yesterday evening and told him about the video, it had been viewed 1.4 million times on Twitter.

Sixteen hours later it climbed to over 21 million views.

With sunlight, there are still shadows.

But with Napalm, anything that would cast a shadow is burned away.

And there was a lot of napalm in that four-minute statement.


Congress can’t hide what they’re doing in the shadows because President Napalm torched anything that would cast a shadow.

Of course the question remains.

Will Congress send him a clean, stand-alone COVID relief bill? Or will they simply vote to override any veto?

As it stands, the bill passed both chambers with a veto-proof majority. So if President Trump vetoes it, these cretins just might decide to override rather than do the necessary work to change it.

My brother asked me this morning if I thought any of the Yes votes would have a change of heart and stop an override.

Truth is, I don’t.

Congress – and this is true of both Republicans and Democrats – don’t like getting taken to the woodshed this way. They’re arrogant, self-important jerks after all. Plus I’m sure there are plenty on both sides of the aisle who will defy Trump and vote to override for no other reason than they view him as a powerless lame duck.

Besides, they don’t appreciate getting doused with napalm. These soulless creeps would much rather work in the shadows behind closed doors creating multi-thousand-page bills with oodles of secret goodies tucked in than work in the open where we the people can see what they’re doing.

Sure they’re more than happy to play us for chumps. But they can’t stand the fact that President Trump called them on it.

I’m thinking out of spite, these assholes won’t lift a single finger to change their garbage bill.

I’m sorry if I sound defeatist. But the fact is, I don’t trust Congress to put the interests of the American people first. Why should I when they’ve spent decades showing us that they won’t?