Header Ads

ad

WWWP Open Thread




Welcome to the most recent installment of "I don't know what I'm fixing to talk about." The blog series that is made up on the spot because ... procrastination. So, I got 'ok boomer'd' today. I just hit them back with an "ok Zoomer." It's funny that it started out as a meme and now Zoomer has stuck and is becoming Gen Z's actual name. They're all triggered about it. I think it's hilarious. After all it doesn't matter to me since I'm Gen X. Well, it looks like this first section could turn out to be a dud today; I'm just not feeling the flow of sarcasm and off the wall-ness that I usually do ... we'll see. Either way I'm going with it. I'm getting over a pinched nerve in my back and a cold. So that's been fun. Nothing like have a nerve on fire and having uncontrollable sneezing going on at the same time. It felt like some sort of weird boot camp punishment that one of my DI's would've dreamed up back in the day. So without further ado, I've rambled long enough ... so on to the....





On this week's next segment we'll be going over the "Lady Yelling at Cat" meme. Me and my brother have been going back and forth with it all week. It's a mashup of a still taken from a tv show and pic of a confused cat at a dinner table with a salad sitting in front of it. Here is the original template.




And now here are some of my favorite variations.





Tip of the week: 
Control your text color in Blogger.

The text color options in Blogger are weak; however, if you do this you can control the color of the text without having to use Blogger's limited palette. Just like with adjusting the text size using html, it's a bit of a pain since you have to do it for each paragraph individually ... but it's really easy.

1. Go into the html section while building your post

2. In front of the text you want to resize either type or copy and paste this:
 <span style="color: #36454f;">

3. Change the number to the color you want. You can find any color you can think of here at: encycolorpedia.com. Just adjust the sliders for brightness and saturation, click anywhere in the box and it gives you the number of the color. Below the chooser it also gives you variations and combinations. It's a handy site.

4. At the end of your paragraph type </span> to close the html tag

5. Remember, if you used more than one html tag, you'll have to close them in reverse  order.

Example: Let's say you made a sentence bold, italic, changed the size, and changed the color, here is how your tags would look.
<b><i><span style="font-size: 20px;"><span style="color: #36454f;">It would look like this, and it would closed out in reverse.</span></span></i></b>

Next week we'll go into adjusting the leading. There is no control over this in the composing section, but like everything else there's a little html tag that lets us control the space between lines of text.


 





Music time.
This week's theme seems to have been:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
And of course I'll reference the cat meme with the obligatory Phish video of the week

//////////////////////

I think I literally heard this song at every single freestyle BMX competition I went to in the 80's.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
For almost 20 years now, this band has been one of my favorites. Their songs are short and catchy. It's still a chore to get their albums when they come out since they don't have a U.S. distributor, but I've managed to get a hold of all of them so far.




y'all know what's up 
memes, gifs, music, pics, random thoughts ... 
post 'em if you got 'em