Header Ads

ad

Michel Houellebecq: ‘People who have humanitarian ideas are a catastrophe’ FRANCE

 France’s most famous and controversial writer on Trump, Ukraine and what he believes lies behind the rise of the far right  


THIS ARTICLE IS A LONG READ. 

VERY INTERESTING PASSAGE .



"I mention a 2019 essay in which he called Donald Trump a good president and wonder if he will be cheering him on in this US election too. “Yes,” he says. “Trump won’t start wars,” he adds, topping up our glasses. What if he stops supporting Ukraine? “That’s good,” Houellebecq says. But Ukrainians want to liberate their territory, I say. “What do I care? At the start of the war, I was surprised because I thought Ukraine was Russian,” he says. “It’s better for nature to take its course,” he adds in the spirit of might is right. “People who have humanitarian ideas are a catastrophe. It doesn’t work and motivations are doubtful.”  


https://www.ft.com/content/73338e2e-331a-4be3-88d4-a0d9e4216c8a