Header Ads

ad

Vivek Kamaswamy

Is VivekGPT's programming lifted from
 Kamala's trademark word salads?


posted by Dianny at SweetMercifulZeus


I didn't watch Wednesday night's Republican primary debate. It isn't that I wasn't interested or didn't care. Since I'm up before the sun on work days, I was fast asleep before the debate started.


I wasn't alone. According to a survey from the Washington Post, 20% of Republican voters who didn't watch the debate were sleeping. 


That's nearly three times as many as the percentage who skipped the debate to watch Tucker Carlson's prerecorded softball interview with Donald Trump (7%).


I did watch a few of the clips on Twitter … damnation … X.


I especially took delight in the clip of Chris Christie describing Vivek Ramaswamy as ChatGPT, particularly since I made the same observation in my August 15 column, "CandidateGPT."


I tried watching other debate clips featuring Vivek, but I couldn't get through them. Not to put too fine a point on it, but Vivek Ramaswamy is as irritating and inarticulate as Kamala Harris.


After Wednesday's debate, National Review correspondent John McCormack asked Vivek if he thought Mike Pence made the right decision on January 6, 2021, and his answer reads like something Kamala would burp out.

"I think I would have done it very differently. I would have done very differently. So I think that there was a historic opportunity that was missed to settle a score in this country to say that we're actually going to have a national compromise on this – single-day voting on Election Day as a federal holiday, which I think Congress should have acted in that window between November and January to say: paper ballots, government-issued ID. And if that's the case, then we're not going to complain about stolen elections. And if I were there, I would have declared on January 7th, saying now I'm going to win in a free and fair election. Unlike what we saw with big tech and others stealing the election last time around, fix the process. This time around, we get it right, and it was a missed opportunity to deliver national unity. That's what I would have done, but that's what I'm gonna be able to do as president is unite this country."

If Vivek threw in the phrase "in terms of," you wouldn't be able to distinguish this word salad from Kamala's usual fare.


What the hell does his answer even mean?


Is Vivek Kamaswamy suggesting that Mike Pence should have introduced a bill at the joint session that would make election day a federal holiday and only allow paper ballots, voter ID, and single-day voting?


Does he not know that the vice president can't introduce legislation? 


Is he unclear about the separation of powers?


There is nothing in Vivek’s gibbering response that A) answers McCormack's question or B) makes a damn bit of sense. It's as if he stuffed random words into a Presto SaladShooter and opened fire.


Dave Reaboi is right. Vivek Kamaswamy is a dumb person's idea of someone smart.


Interestingly, many of the same overly online people who mock Kamala Harris for being a dimwitted, incoherent lightweight think Vivek's imbecilic drivel is brilliant and insightful.


What's particularly odd is that Kamaswamy previously agreed with Pence's decision not to follow Team Trump's insane plan.


In his book published last year, Vivek wrote:

Mike Pence, a man I have great respect for, decided it was his constitutional duty to resist the president's attempts to get him to unilaterally overturn the results of the election, even in the face of the January 6 Capitol riot. Our institutions did hold, in the end. But they shouldn't have been tested.

This tendency to flip-flop is another trait Vivek’s AI programming lifted from Kamala.


In 2019, not long after she attacked Joe Biden during the first Democrat primary debate over his previous opposition to federally-enforced busing, Kamala did an about-face and came out against federally-enforced busing.


Listen, I despise vapid political hacks who waste everybody’s time running for president. They suck all the oxygen out of the room and offer nothing in return.


It’s all showboating nonsense designed to appeal to the stupidest and most gullible among us.


Hacks like Kamala and Vivek have no underlying foundation of deeply held beliefs or principles. And it shows every time they speak.