Header Ads

ad

Why This MAGA Republican Is Now On Team Vivek

A former Trump partisan says, 
“I am still MAGA, but now I am on team Vivek.”


When I voted for Donald Trump in 2016, I thought he had no chance of beating Hillary Clinton. When I voted for him again in 2020, I was sure he would. I was obviously wrong in both instances. Now, as I look to 2024, I am still MAGA, but now I am on team Vivek.

Vivek Ramaswamy is a self-made man. He personifies the American Dream and has the right vision for America. I recently had a conversation with Ramaswamy that was supposed to be centered on the U.S. supply chain. Unlike many people with whom I have discussed policy, Ramaswamy was prepared. He had done his research and asked insightful questions. I was taken with how personable he is and how he was actually interested when I showed him pictures of my children. Our one hour discussion went over the scheduled time and ended up covering a wide range of topics, on which he was extremely well versed.

But let’s examine his policy positions. Ramaswamy does not believe in victimhood. He wants Americans to be victors, not victims. He champions equality of opportunity over equality of outcomes which, he understands, only serves to tear down the best and brightest. Ramaswamy wants to repatriate our supply chain from China, wants our children to be able to speak freely at school without fear of repercussions, and most importantly, he truly believes in the American Dream.

In a bold move, and a show of unity within the Republican Party, Ramaswamy just called on all Republican candidates to denounce Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s planned arrest of former President Trump. Alvin Bragg, in a move reflective of Stalin’s head of the Soviet Secret Police, selected his man and then went looking for a crime . . . a “crime” that occurs in almost every campaign and is adjudicated with a fine, not a federal charge. Ramaswamy was the first candidate to say this is wrong. Ramaswamy does not believe in persecution through prosecution. He recognizes that the integrity of our constitutional republic is at risk if the ruling class can simply arrest its political opposition.

Ramaswamy believes in America and Americans. He is “Reaganesque” in his optimism and in the way he no longer wants Americans to live in fear. He will put the swagger back into America. Under his leadership we will once again strut with the confidence of Mick Jagger during a Rolling Stones concert. He will focus both on what is amazing about our country, but also on what we can become. Ramaswamy will unleash the American economy, keep us out of endless wars, and most importantly to me—as a father—he will teach our children to see the art of the possible, not teach them to be victims.

So, I am on team Vivek. He is the man to reinvigorate the nation, inspire entrepreneurialism, and ensure that America always comes first.