Header Ads

ad

Larry Hogan Disappoints Dozens, Deciding Not to Run for President in 2024


Former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan announced today that he will not seek the Republican nomination for 2024. [Video Here]

[Transcript] – FORMER GOVERNOR LARRY HOGAN: I was struggling, because my heart was telling me to run. My head was telling me, no, that just does not make sense for a whole host of reasons. And my gut was flipping back and forth. So it really came down to, if I wasn’t 100 percent convinced, then I shouldn’t do it.

ROBERT COSTA: You were torn?

FORMER GOVERNOR LARRY HOGAN: I was torn.

ROBERT COSTA: Toughest decision of your political career?

FORMER GOVERNOR LARRY HOGAN: Absolutely, toughest decision I ever made.

ROBERT COSTA: Politically, by staying out of the race, it’s a smaller field, may be tougher for Trump to get the nomination?

FORMER GOVERNOR LARRY HOGAN: I didn’t want to have a pileup of a bunch of people fighting.  Right now, you have Trump and DeSantis at the top of the field soaking up all the oxygen, getting all the attention, and then a whole lot of the rest of us in single digits. And the more of them you have, the less chance you have for somebody rising up.