Header Ads

ad

NCIS LA Season 14 premiere review: The (definitely going to be a) long search for Hetty begins

 


Before I start, just wanted to say that I'm not in a huge fiery fit of 'Fuck everything' rage like I was back in that awful night in May. But it doesn't mean I'm not still unhappy just the same.

Stuff that went down worth mentioning:

Callen and the 'babysitter' get word of a safe house Hetty was staying at being ambushed and several dead, burned bodies, and the possibility of 1 of them being hers, Callen instantly goes into 'protective son' mode and starts worrying, even at 1 point wanting to bring back the body's remains.

End of episode, turns out. The body wasn't Hetty, but of a child caught in the crossfire. Callen wants to instantly go over to Syria to find her, but the stupid old man refuses to. In fact, not only does he go one step further to call her his 'surrogate mother' (it's kind of what she is in a way), but to also forbid him from looking for her..

-------------------------------------------------

My take:

Every true fan of this show knows these 2 things: 1, Callen will always worry about Hetty. 2, He and the whole team will resign if needed to go to whatever country to save her if they have to. (her familia rocks in this awesome way. ❤). So I just have to scoff at that stupid old man thinking he can keep Callen away from Hetty. He is soooooo gonna be regretting that!! 😂

I know Hetty is an ultra badass, but even I worry about her. I really hope she's not eventually captured. (except, given this show's history of repeating itself, and these dumb writers, well... I'm not really optimistic in that at this time.).

In the old and better days, whenever anyone on the team went missing, it would be all hands on deck with everyone. Now, it's pretty much not a big deal anymore, almost like they kind of expect someone to go missing at some point. (or you know, crappy writing).

The new font with the cast's names just looks dumb, IMO.

And this is pretty much all I have to say, otherwise, then I really will start ranting off on this dumb episode. Toodle loo!

from the new opening reel. Small win is a small win