Header Ads

ad

Old Joe and the Bunny

What must the world think of us?


posted by Dianny at Patriot Retort

I intended to write about old Joe and the Bunny yesterday, but Photoshop was acting wonky. Every time I opened it, the damn thing would freeze up and I had to Force Quit my way out and try again.

I spent over an hour trying to get Photoshop to work to no avail. Eventually, Photoshop managed to lock up my entire computer. I had to shut off the power strip and reboot. By then, I had used the F-word so many times I decided maybe I should call it a day.

But before I went to bed last night, I opened Photoshop and let it spend the night thinking about how it behaved. By this morning, it was cooperating again. Tough love, baby.

Anyway.

A day late, but here’s my post about old Joe and the damn bunny at the White House Easter Egg Roll on Monday.

Listen, I don’t think any of us needs more proof that the President of the United States is not the one running the show in this White House. But deploying a staffer dressed like the Easter Bunny to keep the decrepit old crock from talking to the press was especially revealing.

Charlie was wrong about one thing. He wasn’t talking to children; he was talking to reporters . . . wait. Never mind.

At this point, the White House doesn’t care if they treat Joe like a misbehaving five-year-old in full view of the public.

When I saw that tweet from Charlie Spiering on Monday, I nearly fell off my chair.

But then I saw this video, shot from the front, that makes the whole incident look even more embarrassing:

Yeah. Nothing subtle about it, is there?

That bunny was clearly ordered to keep Joe in line during the Easter Egg Roll.

According to the New York Post, Biden’s bunny protective detail was White House press official Meghan Hays. She’s the staffer most White House reporters believe is responsible for limiting their access to old Joe for the past year.

Meaning she does that even when she isn’t dressed like a giant bunny.

Can you imagine the conversation Meghan had with chief of staff Ron Klain?

KLAIN: Now, don’t think just because you’re dressed like a bunny we won’t expect you to keep Joe away from the press.

MEGHAN: You want me to run interference dressed in a bunny suit?

KLAIN: You got a problem with that?

MEGHAN: Actually, no. I’m cool with it. How subtle should I be?

KLAIN: Subtle? Screw subtle! I don’t care what you need to do. Dive in between them, wave your bunny arms in the air, drag him by the ear, I don’t care! Just keep the old man away from reporters!

And if you have any doubts that Meghan was charged with shadowing Joe at Monday’s Easter Egg Roll, trust me, that was her job.

Take a look at this picture Jill Biden posted to Twitter. Notice who’s lurking behind old Joe?

Bunny shadows Joe

If Meghan was there for the delight of the little children, what the hell is she doing hiding behind Joe? No. She was there to serve as the old man’s minder.

After weeks of the old crock landing them in the shit, this White House doesn’t want to risk Joe Biden saying something else they have to walk back.

And in their desperation to avoid another “What he meant to say” moment, nobody in this White House stopped to consider how it would look to the rest of us to see the doddering old man corralled by a giant bunny in a purple dress.

Early Tuesday morning as I was having my 4:00 am coffee, I stumbled across this hilarious version of Operation Bunny Block that had me laughing so hard, I was afraid I woke up my neighbors.

What must the world think of us?


Old Joe and the Bunny