Header Ads

ad

Throwback Thursday: NCIS LA Season 10 episode 17: Till Death do us Part

 



Today marks 3 years since the greatest episode of NCIS LA first aired. 😍. And to celebrate, here's a special deep dive:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've mentioned several times before, I was miserable throughout Season 10. Having to wait for Linda to recover while trying to enjoy seeing Kensi and Deeks plan their wedding was just, harder then then it looked. Heck, I wasn't even excited when the script page for episode 17 was first shared! I was just full of a lot of dread. I didn't really want to think that they would've gone through with the wedding without Hetty, but then again, I don't really handle a lot of vicious uncertainity very well these days. Especially when it has to do with Hetty.

I tried to tell myself to cheer up when the first pics from the episode were released by TV Guide (heck, guess who was on the cover of the issue that featured it!):



Then I read the interview in the issue (well okay, I read it on TV Insider), and I read the words 'A surprise so big we have to keep mum about it'. My mind instantly flashed to Hetty, what else could it have been?!

As you can guess, this episode got huge promotion. From TV Line, to Entertainment Tonight, everyone wanted to promote this big episode! And for good reasons. 😊

And sure enough, I was about to get big time rewarded when I saw this beautiful promo! 😍


 

Take a close look at the tiny foot at the end of the promo. The minute I saw that foot, I was like 'That's her! It has to be her!!' (there's also a brief glimpse of her hair sticking out that I missed the first time around). Then my mind rested at ease.

(Yeah, there was also a real clear clue in this big ET photo, just look at who is at the minister's platform!)



Guess you can say, no one really wanted to keep that secret a secret because hey, EVERY fan wanted to see her again so badly!! Including the ones who weren't sure if they were going to get through the episode without some kind of proof that Hetty would be there.

And sure enough, every fan got what they wanted from this episode, which was perfect in so many ways. Every thing that makes this show so great in the first place was on full display here, from the silliness, to the emotional, to the romance, and to Hetty being her awesome self (😉), there is so much to love about this incredible episode other then seeing these 2 lovebirds finally sealing the deal!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This episode meant so much to me at the time it aired. I loved Densi, and I wanted the episode to have some incredible moments between them.

And most importantly, Hetty needed to be here. If it wasn't for her, they never would've gotten together! Plus, it would've been her first in person appearance of the Season.

Thankfully, I got both, and then some more!! 😍😍😍







(I just really love these pics!!)

This episode brought the team that I loved so much back together for 1 of the greatest hours I've ever witnessed. And I'm forever grateful for that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fun facts:

This episode is the highest rated episode for Season 10 on IMDB (for good reasons).

And the ratings for the episode itself were also great:




It took till my 1st rewatch for me to really notice this, but if you look real closely here, you can definitely see she looks like she was still struggling here. (the way she's clutching her side, the way she's holding her drink... 😢)

Hetty being the minister, was actually Linda's idea! 😊 (as stated in a post episode TV Insider interview).

It was also Daniela's idea to have Kensi fight in her dress.

The scene where Deeks opens the box and those snakes pop out? It was the showrunner playing a practical joke. 😂

And a not so fun fact:

The day this episode aired, I spent half the night before with stomach issues. Half the night puking, the whole day waiting for my stomach to go back to normal. The time when I finally felt 99% well? After the episode aired! 😊 (wonder why?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This show did the greatest thing with this episode. And it should've kept that greatness going instead of throwing it all away with pushing Hetty aside with no explanation, terrible writing, and all kinds of awful things in the years to come.

Happy 3 year anniversary, Densi!



Post episode fun:


https://www.tvinsider.com/760364/ncis-la-kensi-deeks-wedding-hetty-returns-linda-hunt/?hootPostID=68874ba951cc197995d39ddf7d63ceaa

https://tvline.com/2019/03/17/ncis-los-angeles-recap-hetty-returns-season-10-densi-wedding/

https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/hetty-returns-ncis-los-angeles-fan-reaction/

ICYMI, last weeks' Flashback Friday article: https://wwwp-lives.blogspot.com/2022/03/flashback-friday-ncis-la-season-9.html

And my review of the latest episode: https://wwwp-lives.blogspot.com/2022/03/ncis-la-season-13-episode-11-review.html