Header Ads

ad

Hillary’s pathetic self-pity

Hillary’s Miss Havisham-style obsession 
with losing used to be funny. Not anymore.

Did you see the video of Hillary Clinton reading the acceptance speech she never got to deliver if she won in 2016? Holy smokes, you guys. It is the most pathetic, embarrassing thing I have ever seen.

I know I said those videos of Kamala and her child actors were the worst videos ever. And they were until Hillary did this on television:

Oh, honey. No. I want to be able to laugh at Hillary Clinton. I can’t laugh about this. It’s too agonizing and embarrassing to be funny. Her self-pity has become downright pathetic.

What on earth? Why would anyone allow Hillary to indulge in this kind of public self-pity?

You’d think Hillary and her people would want us to see her as an elder stateswoman, not some pathetic, miserable old bag of bones who’s stuck in time like Miss Havisham from “Great Expectations.”

You know, back in 2017, I jokingly said Hillary was turning into Miss Havisham. But I was using humorous hyperbole when I did it. I didn’t expect Hillary to take it as a challenge.

That pathetic video clip of a sobbing Hillary sucked the hyperbole clean out of it. She is Miss Havisham now.

I can’t believe Good Morning America let her read that on camera. What the hell were they thinking? Hillary couldn’t have done more damage to herself if she said “Say, film me taking a crap on the floor.”

The fact that five years after losing Hillary is still that emotional is not a good sign. The woman is not well.

This is why Trump’s constant bleating over 2020 bothers me so much. Does he want to turn into Hillary 2.0? Is he unaware that he’s traveling on the same pathetic, self-pitying loop that Hillary has been stuck on for five miserable years?

Look, I’ll be the first to say I don’t know what it’s like to lose an election you thought for sure you were going to win. I’ve never run for office, nor do I want to. At the same time, watching Trump become as obsessed as Hillary Clinton is making my skin crawl.

I said back in April 2017 that Hillary must not have anyone who cares enough about her to hold an intervention and tell her to get over it. Even back then, she was becoming like a chick that can’t get over a breakup.

Now Donald Trump is doing the same thing, and nobody in Trump’s orbit is telling him to stop.

On the plus side, since Trump speaks off the cuff and not from written speeches, at least we’ll be spared the pathetic scene of him tearfully reading what would have been his 2020 acceptance speech. And for that, I am eternally grateful.