Header Ads

ad

New York Nixon: “I am not a perv. I inappropriately touch everybody!”

Man in a deep hole decides to grab a shovel and keep digging.



I have had such a busy morning, I didn’t learn about Letitia James’ announcement that New York Nixon did, in fact, sexually harass multiple women until my brother texted me about it an hour ago.

Talk about totally missing a huge story.

Fact is, I was so unaware of it, I didn’t even know what my brother was talking about in his text.

So I went to Breitbart and saw the massive red headline.

The investigation is damning. New York Nixon isn’t just a skeevy politician. Letitia James has concluded that he violated both state and federal laws when he sexually harassed staffers.

But of course, because he is New York Nixon, Cuomo is still denying any wrong doing.

Did you see any of his video statement?

Good grief what a hot mess. His defense appears to fall into three categories: “Well oh yeah? My defense lawyer said I didn’t do anything wrong!” and “Those women are lying!” and “I inappropriately touch everybody!”

That last one even came with a slide-show of photographs of New York Nixon touching everybody. And just so you’re clear it was scripted, whatever type of person appeared in the picture on the screen was the type of person New York Nixon said he touches – “young” (pictures of touching children), “old” (pictures of touching old people), and on and on.

It’s kind of creepy.

Twitchy has quite a few video clips from this staged statement if you can stomach it. I had to stop after watching three.

I don’t know what I found more unseemly, him pretty much calling his accusers liars or that smarmy faux gentle voice he used when he did it.

No, the most unseemly part is New York Nixon arguing that he can’t possibly be guilty of inappropriately touching anyone because he inappropriately touches everyone.

Of course, Cuomo also deploys the “That’s not who I am” defense Democrats love to use. Which pretty much contradicts his “I do this all the time” defense.

Cuomo does realize, does he not, that every stupid thing he said in that video statement could be used against him, right?

Speaking of using his own words against him:

New York Nixon tweet 2013

Ouch! That’s taking a chunk out of his ass.

Now, will anything happen to New York Nixon? Will he get impeached? That’s hard to say. Albany is under complete Democrat control. And the guy who is supposedly leading the impeachment investigation in the state assembly is a Cuomo loyalist who has been dragging his feet for the last five months. Whether or not Letitia James’ report changes the calculus on impeachment is anybody’s guess.

Fact is, Letitia James has been signaling her plan to launch a primary challenge against Cuomo in 2022. That alone might color this report and give state Democrats cover for not acting on it. I’m not saying it will, but it might. I suggested back when James first reported on the nursing home thing that harming Cuomo would benefit her. And I have no doubt Cuomo will accuse her of just that.

But her concluding he violated both state and federal laws makes me wonder if, rather than impeachment, will he be facing criminal charges over this? Again, this being New York, I’m not holding my breath.

But I can say that, unlike the old Nixon, I doubt this guy will resign. Maybe I’m wrong and he’ll break under pressure. But given that he’s an egomaniac who staged a video statement complete with visual aids, I doubt very much New York Nixon will ever voluntarily leave office.

We’re stuck with him. Worse still, if he runs again in 2022, he will no doubt win against any primary challenger, and will remain the odds-on favorite to win in November. I wish I wasn’t so cynical. But I live here in New York. And I don’t exactly have much faith in the common sense or intelligence of the voters who populate our deep blue cities.

New York Nixon: “I am not a perv. I inappropriately touch everybody!”