Header Ads

ad

I skipped it

Not  exactly  Must-See  TV.

If you’re wondering why I didn’t write about Joe Biden’s Address Before a Near Empty Chamber, it’s because I skipped it.

I imagine I’m not the only one who skipped it. You probably skipped it too.

And who can blame us?

Not even the nervous anticipation of waiting for Biden to say something idiotic could inspire me to sit through it.

I binge-watched Game of Thrones instead. Way I see it, if you’re going to spend the evening with an army of walking dead, at least choose the ones that are entertaining.

Besides, who wants to sit and stare at old Joe, Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi for over an hour. During President Trump’s State of the Union speeches in 2019 and 2020 I put a Post-it Note over Nancy. This year my choices were completely cover my computer monitor with a blanket or just skip the damn thing.

So I skipped it.

Joe Biden is a non-entity. He isn’t the President. He’s just the empty vessel propped on stage to burp out the words others want him to say. I no more want to sit through that than I would want to sit through a junior high school production of “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf?”

The only reason Joe Biden delivered this speech at all is so the news media could sing his praises on his “100 Days in Office.”

And they are, aren’t they? They’re being downright cloying in their praise. Then again, journalists are like hookers; they make a living pretending to be impressed.

Well, I’m not impressed.

And suffering through an evening of Joe Biden reading off a teleprompter while Cersei Lannister Harris fantasizes about the moment she gets to stab him in the back isn’t my idea of must-see TV.

Update:

I wasn’t the only one.