Header Ads

ad

Manipulative AOC plays the Victim … again

I’ve seen better acting in a high school production of “Fiddler on the Roof.”

Speaking as a woman, there is nothing I hate more than a manipulative emotional cripple who plays the victim in order to weasel her way out of taking responsibility for her own horrible behavior.

It is incredibly immature and disingenuous.

Which, when you get right down to the ooey-gooey center, describes Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to a T.

I remember one time in fifth grade I got in trouble in class.

My teacher stood up, walked to the classroom door and instructed me to come out into the hall with her.

I knew I was in trouble.

So, being an immature fifth grader, I did a little emotional manipulation to weasel my way out of trouble. In the hall, I broke down and started crying uncontrollably. Through choking sobs with tears running down my face, I cried, “My Dad died!!!”

Now, my father was indeed dead. Only he died some ten years earlier. So you’d have to be a complete moron to think that my emotional outburst over my father’s death had anything whatsoever to do with my getting in trouble. It was pure, unadulterated emotional manipulation.

For the record, it didn’t work.

But that was then. This is now. And in this day and age emotional manipulation is a go-to tactic for many narcissistic bullies.

Which is exactly why Alexandria deployed it this week to deflect criticism over accusing Ted Cruz of trying to get her murdered.

Just like fifth grader Dianny, Alexandria got called out into the hall to explain her incendiary rhetoric.

And rather than accept responsibility for such slanderous talk, Alexandria broke down and started crying uncontrollably. And through choking sobs with tears running down her face, she cried, “I was a victim of sexual assault!!!”

Now, I was only a fifth grader when I pulled this manipulative ploy. When I was in my thirties, as Alexandria is today, it would never occur to me to use this kind of emotional manipulation to avoid responsibility for my own actions.

But Alexandria is an emotionally-stunted narcissist who reaches for her Victim Card as reflexively as a shopaholic grabs her Visa.

I’m not going to post the Instagram video of Alexandria’s manipulative performance art. And not just because it’s craven, cynical and contrived. It’s also the most over-the-top melodramatic performance I’ve ever seen.

I’ve seen better acting in a high school production of “Fiddler on the Roof.”

I’ll just include Jesse Kelly’s spot-on summary:

JK Tweet: Manipulative AOC

But because the media is made up of equally immature emotional cripples, Alexandria’s performative drama worked like a charm. Those safe-space Millennials that make up most newsrooms bought her emotional deflection tactic lock, stock and barrel.

And woe be to anyone who dares to call out her disingenuous performance art for what it was.

Those who criticized the thin-skinned demagogue got hit with the full weight of the white-knighting media – not to mention Alexandria’s built-in army of easily-manipulated flying monkeys.

Independent journalist Michael Tracey immediately called out her manipulative tactic and within seconds the Outrage Mob landed on his head like a ton of bricks.

And it all started with this one innocuous tweet:

You’d think he accused her of trying to get him murdered the way blue-checkmark dummies and her flying monkeys reacted.

For more than a day, Tracey was attacked and vilified for stating the blazingly obvious.

Twitter highlighted Tracey’s criticism in their “Trending” feed – including a long editorial explainer for why he was “trending.”

It really is stunning to me just how shielded this thin-skinned narcissist is.

On the one hand we’re supposed to believe she is a powerful, influential Congresswoman — the Future of the Democrat PartyTM.

On the other hand she’s a fragile flower who cannot function without a phalanx of White Knights surrounding her and protecting her from the consequences of her reckless actions.

Now that is a fascinated nugget of information.

Back in 2018, I compared Alexandria to Parkland’s David Hogg. But even then I didn’t envision just how spot-on that comparison was going to be.

Like David Hogg – who was far removed from the Parkland shooter and never in any danger – Alexandria was nowhere near the riot. But like Hogg before her, she is playing the Victim while amplifying her “trauma” for her own political purposes.

And, just as they did with David Hogg, the media and sycophantic fans are swooping in to declare criticism of her off limits while further amplifying what a victim she is.

The Left’s “thought leaders” are treated like the most fragile and thin-skinned people in the world.

But Michael Tracey is right. Alexandria knows exactly what she’s doing. She might not be particularly informed about real life, but she is smart enough to know that this sort of emotional manipulation will play well among her fan base in the media.

She knows that her rhetoric is indefensible.

So she doesn’t even try defending it.

Instead, she plays the victim, weeps on Instagram and lets her White Knights do the rest.

The best counter to this kind of manipulative defense is to call it out for what it is.

Her flying monkeys will swarm no matter what criticism you level. So you might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb.

Fortunately, a lot of people are doing just that.

Alexandria’s brand of emotional manipulation will only work if everybody plays along.

But not everybody is playing along.