Header Ads

ad

“I always feel like somebody’s watching me”

Did the news media declare Kamala Harris the Nosy Parker-Elect?



If you’re not a boomer like me, you probably don’t recognize the lyrics to Rockwell’s 1984 hit “Somebody’s Watching Me.”

But when Kamala Harris creepily tweeted out this message, that song was the first thing that popped into my head.

Is this supposed to be comforting?

Because it isn’t comforting. It’s creepy as hell.

Did the news media declare Kamala Harris the Nosy Parker-Elect?

Listen Kamala Kravitz. I don’t want you thinking about me. I don’t want you watching me.

Lose my number.

Lose my address.

Pretend I don’t exist at all.

If you guys do survive the election lawsuits and recounts, you and Joe aren’t going to be our Keepers, Caretakers or Nosy Neighbors.

We are free citizens of the United States of America. We are sovereign individuals.

We are not your wards.

Get out of our homes. Get out of our lives.

Get out of our damn business, Kamala Kravitz, you creepy Nosy Parker.

See, this kind of schmaltzy claptrap doesn’t work on me. And it especially doesn’t work coming from someone like Kamala Harris who sees it as her right to intrude on our lives and deprive us of our civil rights whenever she damn well pleases.

This isn’t an encouraging message in the least. I see that tweet and alarm bells go off.

It’s 1984ish “Big Sister is Watching Me”-level unnerving.

Ironic that Rockwell’s song “Somebody’s Watching Me” was released in 1984, ain’t it?

Gauging from the replies, I wasn’t the only one who read that tweet and felt my stomach drop to my socks.

Sadly, again gauging from some of the replies, a lot of people are totally cool with Kamala Kravitz’s message of cringe.  I’m guessing the Venn Diagram of the people who are cool with it and the people who happily embrace their COVID Overlords is one single circle.

Like I said in my post about Doctor Grinch, there are far too many Americans who happily submit to their Government like sheep to a shepherd.

Too many in this country aren’t looking for a Chief Executive and Commander-in-Chief, but a parent who doles out rewards for compliant behavior and exacts punishment for you recalcitrant scamps who won’t behave.

And that pretty much sums up Kamala Kravitz.

Sadly, she isn’t alone.

Recall that Michelle Obama, on numerous occasions, likened the President to a parent. According to Mommy Obama, Barack was the good father who laid down the law and got his children to behave. Trump, on the other hand, was the bad parent who let us stay up late and eat junk food.

People who think the job of President is to raise us, watch over us, or reward or punish us have no business being anywhere near the levers of power.

We are a nation founded on self-government – a nation that puts the sovereignty of the individual above all else.

A President is not our Sovereign. A President is to execute the laws passed by Congress, serve as Commander-in-Chief of our military, and negotiate trade and treaties with foreign nations. It isn’t the job of the President to treat us like children in need of supervision.

So thanks, but no thanks, Kamala.

My business isn’t any of your business.

I don’t need you watching me, thinking about me, or even knowing I exist.

Boy, I hope the lawsuits and recounts spare us of this insufferable busybody.