Header Ads

ad

Where’s Jessica Fletcher when you need her?

The more we learn about the “I dosed my husband with fish tank additive because of Trump” story, 
the fishier is gets.


I don’t want to get all Jessica Fletcher on you guys, but the Great Fish Tank Additive Story from last week is looking kind of … well … fishy.

What’s ironic is the day I did the post about it, commenter Meli wrote:

“I don’t know, I was wondering if she wanted to kill him off (and took a little herself to avoid suspicion). Women tend to poison, not shoot. And who’s going to question her about it?”

To which I replied:

“Holy shit, I thought the exact same thing! Give him a lethal dose, take a wee smidge yourself to throw everyone off, then blame Trump. I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking that. But I’m cynical and suspicious by nature.”

The story seemed too “Murder, she wrote” for me. 
Or, “Murder, she dosed” as the case may be.

Where is Jessica Fletcher when you need her?

According to the Washington Free Beacon, the woman in question is a prolific Leftist donor.  In fact, one of the donations she made was to a “pro-science resistance” group that has been very vocal in its criticism of President Trump’s response to the Wuhan virus.

Wanda told the Free Beacon that she and her husband were both Democrats, not Trump supporters. They heard about the potential benefits of chloroquine, an antimalarial drug, in news reports. She decided at the “spur of the moment” to try taking it, but reached for a fish tank cleaner in her pantry that contains chloroquine phosphate, a different and deadly form of the chemical.

Someone who hates Trump and donates to a group that is critical of his handling of the pandemic suddenly decides “Hey, I’m going to listen to Trump and take this fish tank additive to self-medicate!”

Please.

Tell me this doesn’t sound like a case for Jessica Fletcher.

According to the Free Beacon, this woman told a local news outlet:

“We were just having the best day before this happened. I made him his favorite lunch, grilled steak and asparagus and red potatoes, and we were just having the best Sunday.”

How ironic that she just so happened to serve her soon-to-be late husband his favorite lunch on the day she dosed him with fish tank additive.

Well, that’s one way to throw him off the scent.

Listen, I’m no Jessica Fletcher, but even I have questions.

Either this lady set this up in hopes of creating another anti-Trump media moment and it went horribly wrong on her.  Or she decided to off her husband by capitalizing on the anti-Trump sentiment in the media – knowing the Trump-hating media would never suspect a thing because they’d be far too busy focusing on the “Trump poisoned her husband!!!” aspect of it to get suspicious.

Whichever the case, it certainly does explain why, just after her husband died, she had the presence of mind to give the news media this tailor-made anti-Trump money quote:

“Don’t believe anything that the President says and his people because they don’t know what they’re talking about. And don’t take anything–be so careful and call your doctor. This is a heart ache I’ll never get over.”

Now, I’m not saying I know for sure. I don’t. Fact is, I could be totally off base. But the whole thing is just too “Made-for-TV.”

So maybe, if the police in Arizona aren’t too busy responding to 911 calls from Nosy Parkers reporting their neighbors for not social distancing, they should do a little checking on this woman’s story.

Or, if they are too busy arresting folks for walking outside while standing too close, they could just call Jessica Fletcher and let her take care of it.