Header Ads

ad

Haircuts for me but not for thee


Tens of millions of Americans are holed up in our houses like Anne Frank, but Lori Lightfoot gets to visit the salon for a trim.


In my post “Your Friendly Neighborhood Stasi,” I mentioned that New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio was getting driven all the way to Prospect Park to take daily walks despite the Wuhan shutdown.  Well, he isn’t the only big city mayor who plays by a different set of rules.  Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot has decided that her haircuts are essential whereas your haircuts are not.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Mayor Lightfoot defended her violating Illinois’ “stay at home” order saying, “I’m the public face of this city. I’m on national media and I’m out in the public eye.”

Plus! Her hair stylist wore a mask and gloves!!!

“I’m practicing what I’m preaching,” Lightfoot proclaimed.

Well, actually, no, you’re not, Lori.

If you were practicing what you’re preaching, you wouldn’t be going to a stylist for haircuts when the rest of your city cannot.

And what rot. “I’m the public face of this city.”  In other words, haircuts for me, but not for thee.

Lightfoot went on to say, “I’m a person who, I take my personal hygiene very seriously. As I said, I felt like I needed to have a haircut.”

And what?  The rest of the city are a bunch of filthy, unkempt slobs?  Does Lori Lightfoot think she’s the only Chicagoan who takes personal hygiene seriously?

If only she took Illinois’ stay-at-home order as seriously as she takes her hair.

Aren’t we all sacrificing things we take seriously?  And I don’t mean stupid things like professional haircuts or daily workouts at the gym.  I mean things like attending worship services, visiting loved ones, earning a freaking living, and running a business.

My Mom has been in the hospital since Saturday night. We can’t even go visit her for a lousy five minutes for crying out loud! But Lori Lightfoot can’t go a few weeks without a haircut?

Tens of millions of Americans are holed up in our houses like Anne Frank, but Lori Lightfoot gets to visit the salon for a trim.

We’re cooped up in our homes watching our savings and livelihoods crash and burn, and this so-called “public face of the city” can’t even sacrifice her weekly haircuts.

Get bent, Lori.

A guy was arrested in California because he was out on the vast Pacific Ocean all by himself paddle-boarding.

In Colorado, a man was handcuffed and arrested while playing in an empty park with his wife and daughter.

People are being encouraged to call the police on their neighbors if they so much as take their dog for a walk.

But because Mayor Lori Lightfoot “felt like I needed to have a haircut,” she is totally exempt from these draconian orders because she’s the “public face of this city.”

Listen, if it’s safe for Lori Lightfoot to go to a salon so long as everyone is wearing masks and gloves, why the hell can’t we leave our homes, go back to work, go to church, run our businesses or visit our Mom in the hospital so long as we’re wearing masks and gloves?

This whole shut down thing stinks to high heaven. And I’m thinking if they don’t lift it soon, we’re all going to pull a Lori Lightfoot and lift it ourselves.