Header Ads

ad

Pete wasn’t our Savior after all

And another one gone. Another one gone. Another bites the dust.


Despite Pete Buttigieg’s assurances that he would stay in the race, just moments ago the news broke that the self-proclaimed Savior of the Republic was calling it quits.


Naturally the frantic Stop Bernie folks are shrieking for Pete to endorse Joe Biden while the Bernie folks are chortling over the fact that most of Savior Pete’s supporters have Bernie as their second choice.

Frankly, I’m stunned that Pete’s ego lost the battle here.  I said just this morning there was no way Pete would drop out before Super Tuesday.  And I was wrong.

[Note: This is how you know I’m not a journalist; I admit when I’m wrong.]

But I’m not the only person who got this wrong.

Pete Buttigieg did too.

He really believed he was our Savior — the One. At least he wanted us to believe it. Which explains why Savior Pete tried so hard to imitate Obama.

But it turns out he wasn’t our Savior after all.

So, buh-bye, Pastor Pete!

I’m sure CNN has a job all lined up for you.