Header Ads

ad

Congressman Adam Smith gets a talking to

Nancy can’t stop the Senate Democrats from openly criticizing her strategy. But she’ll be damned if she lets a single one of her House caucus break ranks.


This morning on CNN’s New Day, Democrat Adam Smith, Chairman of the House Armed Services Committee committed the unforgiveable sin of defying Commissar Nancy Pelosi.



But within hours, Adam Smith was on Twitter with a groveling mea culpa.



Good grief. It’s like the Twitter version of a hostage video.

“I am speaking of my own volition.  Nothing I have said was coerced.  And I was not in any way harmed.  My captors have treated me with nothing but kindness.”

No doubt poor Adam Smith got a talking to.

I imagine he got done with that CNN appearance and walked back to his office only to find a grim-looking secretary waiting for him.

“The Speaker’s office called.  She’s expecting you immediately.”


You really hate to see it.

Nancy can’t do anything to stop the Senate Democrats from openly criticizing her impeachment strategy.

But she’ll be damned if she lets a single one of her House caucus break ranks.

To go back to that line from the mini-series Chernobyl that I mentioned the other day: “Our power comes from the perception of our power.”

For Nancy, her power comes from the perception that every single member of the House Democrat Caucus is of one mind.

There can be no cracks. She will brook no defections.

And Adam Smith crapped the sheets.


My guess is, Nancy told Adam Smith if he expects to receive one single dime from the DCCC, he better recant, and I mean right this minute.

Nancy is such an expert at this, she puts the “pro” in Quid Pro Quo.

And though she will not lift a grizzled finger to help improve the lives of Americans, she will move heaven and earth to get her caucus in line.