Header Ads

ad

The easiest prediction I ever made


The easiest prediction I ever made
by Dianny for Patriot Retort

Yesterday afternoon, I happened to see Kirsten Gillibrand’s “I’m dropping out” tweet and I couldn’t help but chuckle.  I predicted this.  But then again, it wasn’t exactly a difficult prediction to make.
You don’t need to be the Amazing Kreskin or a whip-smart odds-guy to know Kirsten Gillibrand didn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell.
The gal couldn’t get above one percent no matter how furiously she pandered. I didn’t call her Goose Egg Gillibrand for no reason.
The “Gillibrand won’t make it through the summer” prediction was about as hard as predicting the sunrise.
During her official announcement rally in March – which she held outside of Trump Tower in Manhattan (to a “crowd” of about a thousand) – Kirsten actually said, “Years from now we will look back at this moment.”
wrote in response:
Actually, I doubt that clueless Kirsten will need to wait years to look back on that moment. It will be more like months. And trust me, she won’t be looking back with glowing pride.
Instead, as Cordelia Chase put it in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, “You must look back on that and just cringe.”
And here we are just five months after her official announcement, and my prediction came true.
Kirsten’s prediction, on the other hand?  Not so much.
For laughs, I went back and read every column I wrote about Kirsten’s quixotic campaign for President.  And halfway through, I actually started to feel sorry for the girl.
Never in the history of Presidential politics has there been someone so lacking in self-awareness. And considering that most Democrats have the self-awareness of a Macy’s mannequin, that’s saying a lot.
And despite my prediction that Kirsten would be out in a matter of months, even I am stunned at how long she clung to her pipe dream.
Eric Swalwell wised up six weeks earlier than she did. And at least he was valuable for comic relief.
I’m sure what did her in was the news this past week that former staffers were cringing over her silly run for President and calling her obnoxious. That had to sting.
In her drop-out video, Kirsten sounds genuinely gobsmacked over having to drop out.  Which means the only person who didn’t get the prediction right is Kirsten herself.
One final note.  Last night Tucker Carlson did a segment on Kirsten dropping out that is titled “Kirsten Gillibrand was the worst candidate to ever run for any party.”
Yeah, that’s what I said after the second debate in a column titled “The worst candidate in the history of elections.” Great minds think alike.
She really was tremendously bad.
But then again, Kirsten Gillibrand is a tremendously bad Senator. So this outcome shouldn’t have come as a galloping shock to anyone – including Kirsten Gillibrand.
Here’s Tucker’s segment.


Now Available!