Just as the communists planned the takeover of healthcare as their #1 legislative priority in 2008, so too are the same people now organizing the #1 priority for 2027. This time it’s AI.
BACKGROUND CONTEXT – In the runup to the 2024 election, I was having a lengthy discussion with a CEO of a large tech company about the alignment of Silicon Valley the MAGA election of Donald Trump.
The CEO said to me, “don’t be fooled; as soon as they get this upcoming Artificial Intelligence (AI) system fully developed, big tech will immediately jump back to supporting the Democrats.”
The reason was simple. Silicon Valley operates on a business plan where only a few, elite trillionaire tech companies control things. In order to secure their overwhelming market share, they will need regulation to shut down competition. Those same trillionaires will then write the regulations and attain market dominance. Everything else between now and that moment when they claim “safety and security” is chaff and countermeasures.
It is with that context that CTH has reviewed the rise of the big AI developers and also reviewed the recent claims by those same trillionaires about the need for urgent and immediate AI regulation. Their primary reasoning, “safety and security.”
NEW YORK TIMES – Former President Barack Obama warned during a recent private fund-raising event that artificial intelligence technology could be “dangerous” if not properly managed, as he implored Democrats to aggressively develop political and governing agendas to prioritize the issue in the coming years.
In his remarks on Thursday, which have not been previously reported, Mr. Obama urged Hakeem Jeffries, Democrat of New York and the House minority leader, to assemble a clear framework for a public conversation about A.I. policy, should Democrats win back the House in the midterm elections, according to a partial transcript provided by Mr. Obama’s office.
He also suggested that candidates running for president in 2028 ought to make A.I. one of their “central agendas” and “have a very clear plan” for responding to safety and economic concerns around the technology.
The recommendations from the former president amount to some of his most detailed comments yet about A.I. as a political issue for his party. At a moment when President Trump continues to downplay concerns about the technology, some Democrats see an opportunity for the party to draw a clear contrast in the midterms and beyond on an issue of growing significance. In a Democratic Party with no clear leader, many look to Mr. Obama for guidance, and his comments carry considerable weight.
[…] “Once you are speaker, I would strongly urge that the Democrats put together a framework for a very public conversation,” Mr. Obama told Mr. Jeffries, according to the transcript. Mr. Jeffries had asked him a question about how Democrats should address A.I. in a Congress that has taken little action on the issue, according to two of the people.
“This is something that is moving very fast in private hands, and if we don’t get on top of it, I think can be dangerous,” Mr. Obama said. “If we do get on top of it, I do think it’s beneficial. I genuinely think it’s going to accelerate, for example, drug development in ways that can help us cure diseases. I do think that this can help us figure out pathways for a clean energy future.” (read more)